Monday, December 26, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 12/26-1/1

We had a lovely, albeit busy, Christmas. I can't help but share a picture with you all since it was Julian's first Christmas!


As for our menu plan this week, I did my usual routine of planning and shopping for this week last week, however, we were the blessed recipients of TONS of Christmas leftovers, so we will be eating through those this week and filling in the gaps with what I have on hand. I will be back to sharing our normal menu plan next week.

Here is a recipe that I brought to share at our family Christmas gatherings. I am sure it would be a hit at New Year's Eve or New Year's celebrations, too!

Sweet Potato Garlic Spread
(Makes about 8 cups of spread)
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp.lemon juice
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 tbs. parsley (fresh is best, but dried works great, too!)
Salt and pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 400. Place peeled sweet potatoes in a glass baking dish with a little bit of water in the bottom. Bake for 45-60 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then mash. Add garlic, oil and lemon juice and continue to mash. Sprinkle oregano, parsley, salt and pepper in and give it one final mash to combine everything. Refrigerate and serve with crackers or bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!