Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Homemade Cleaners

All Purpose Spray/Glass Cleaner

1/2 tsp. liquid castile soap (I use Dr. Bronner's tea tree soap)
1 tsp. borax
1 tsp. super washing soda
1/2 c. white vinegar
2 c. hot water
25 drops essential oils (I use orange and eucalyptus)

Mix the soap, borax, super washing soda and vinegar in a small bowl (I use a measuring cup that has a pour spout). Add the water and stir. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then add the essential oil. Pour or funnel into a old spray bottle.

Toilet Cleaner

1 c. water
1/2 c. liquid castile soap (I use Dr. Bronner's tea tree soap)
1 c. baking soda
1/4 c. white vinegar
25 drops essential oils (I use orange and tea tree)

Put the baking soda in a large, deep bowl. Slowly add the vinegar (the foaming and fizzing is normal!). Add the soap and the essential oils and stir. Pour or funnel into an old squirt container. 

Bathroom Cleaner

1 c. baking soda
1/4 c. vinegar
1/3 c. castile soap (I use Dr. Bronner's tea tree soap)
3 tbs. super washing soda
1 tbs. coconut oil
1 tbs. salt (I use Real Salt brand)
25 drops essential oil (I use sage and orange)

Put the baking soda in a large bowl. Slowly add the vinegar (the fizzing/foaming is normal!). Add the remaining ingredients and mix together well. Spoon into a container. I use this to clean the shower and the sink in our bathroom and kitchen. I spray the all purpose spray first, then rub some of this mixture on my sponge and scrub away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!