Friday, June 15, 2012

Birthday Berry Crisp

In honor of my husband's 25th birthday, I created this special berry crisp. He is not a huge fan of cake and I am not that great of a cake baker, so it works out well for me! This dish also got me one step closer to using up the remaining oatmeal in my apartment as we are preparing for a grain free experiment during the month of July.

Birthday Berry Crisp

1 c. organic rolled oats
1/4 c. melted coconut oil
1/3 c. organic sucanat
1/4 c. coconut milk
1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 c. organic berries (I used strawberries, but raspberries, blueberries etc. would work too!)
1 tbs. lemon juice, freshly squeezed

Mix the first six ingredients together in a small bowl, cover and allow to soak for 12-24 hours. After the soaking period, mix berries and lemon juice together in small baking dish (I used an 8 x 8 in.). Pour/spread the soaked crumb topping over the berries. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy as is or with homemade ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!