Here is our menu for the week...
- Soaked oats x 6
- Sourdough pancakes, bacon and fruit
- Standard lunch x 3
- Leftovers and smoothies x 2
- Picnic lunch with friends (!)
- Salmon patties, smoothies and veggies
- Soup, biscuits and fruit
- Hot dogs, salad and fruit
- Church lunch
- Standard lunch x 2
- Leftovers and smoothies (or, in the case of tonight, popcorn and fruit!) x 3
- Chicken cakes, potato wedges and salad
- Shrimp curry, biscuits and fruit
- White chicken chili, biscuits and fruit
- Volunteer dinner
- Popcorn and smoothies
This is by far one of my easiest recipes. I LOVE Indian/Thai/Vietnamese food and was super happy to realize how easy it is to recreate it at home.
2 cans coconut milk
2 tbs. red curry paste
1 tbs. fish sauce
24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Bamboo shoots, pepper strips, baby corn, edamame etc. (optional)
In a skillet, combine coconut milk, curry paste and fish sauce (add any optional veggies at this point). Slowly bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and add shrimp. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are cooked and the flavors mellow, about 15 minutes. Serve over hot rice.