Monday, March 5, 2012

Menu Plan Monday 3/5-3/11

I began reading Organized Simplicity this weekend and, although this is not the order she recommends in the book, tackled my kitchen on Saturday. I re-organized the pantry, purged kitchen gadgets and tools (some that have not seen the light of day since we got them as wedding presents!) and cleaned out the fridge and freezer. I made an inventory sheet of my spices and all my pantry items, as well as a freezer inventory. Needless to say, I am SO invigorated by the overhaul and am looking forward to cooking in my newly organized and simplified kitchen this week!


Here is our menu for the week!

Breakfast
  • Soaked oats and fruit x 6
  • Sourdough pancakes, bacon and fruit
Lunch
  • Standard lunch x 4 (for Kerry)
  • Leftovers and smoothies x 4 (for me)
  • Soup buffet, biscuits and fruit
  • Snacky lunch on the road
  • Church lunch 
Dinner

Sweet Potato Chili

1 large onion, sliced
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 medium zucchini, diced
2 c. black beans
1 1/2 tbs. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. orange zest
1 c. chicken stock

Combine all ingredients in a big pot and bring to a boil. Then lower and simmer for at least four hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!