Last week I did not post a menu due to the abundance of Christmas leftovers we were blessed to receive, so it has been a good two weeks since I have posted my menu plan here for you all to see. We are still getting settled into my husband's new work schedule and you may see that reflected in our menu plan on days where we have dinner at lunchtime and our usual lunch at dinner time. We are back to eating soaked oatmeal everyday for breakfast, except Saturday, and our standard lunch at lunch so I won't be posting our breakfast or lunch plans, unless they deviate from the usual.
That being said, here is our menu for this week!
- Dinner: Spaghetti, biscuits and fruit
- Dinner: Keema, biscuits and fruit
- Dinner: Three bean chicken chili, biscuits and fruit
- Dinner: Lentils, spinach and sausage, biscuits and fruit
- Dinner: Leftovers
- Breakfast: Soaked whole wheat pancakes, bacon and fruit
- Dinner: Calzones and fruit
- Dinner: Popcorn and fruit
Three Bean Chicken Chili
1 onion, chopped
2 tbs. olive oil
2 c. cooked and shredded chicken
1 2/3 c. cooked kidney beans
1 2/3 c. cooked pinto beans
1 2/3 c. cooked black beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 c. chicken bone broth or water
3/4 c. salsa
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
Put oil in the bottom of a large stockpot and heat on medium. Add chopped onion and cook until soft. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 30-45 minutes.