Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday 1/23-1/29

One of my goals for the new year was to serve fish once a week. My husband and I love fish, but, I just don't have that much experience cooking it, which makes me shy away from including it in our menu plan. If you have been following our menu plans thus far this new year, you will notice that I have yet to serve fish (except for salmon patties, but those don't really count!). So, when I went to the grocery store on Wednesday, I marched up to the fish counter and got some cod fillets. Hopefully they turn out delicious!

Here is the rest of our menu plan, broken up by meals rather than days of the week because I want to try something different :)

Breakfast
  • Soaked oatmeal and fruit (with honey and maple syrup) x3
  • Soaked chocolate coffee cake, hardboiled eggs and fruit x 2
  • Soaked whole wheat pancakes, bacon and fruit
Lunch
  • Leftovers (for me) x 4
  • Standard lunch (for hubby) x 4
  • Hot dogs, chips and fruit
  • Church lunch
  • Interview lunch (second to last medical school interview for my husband!)
Dinner
  • Crockpot spaghetti, whole wheat biscuits and fruit
  • Sausage and red bean stew (recipe below!), whole wheat biscuits and fruit
  • Leftovers (for me) x 2
  • Standard lunch (for hubby) x 2
  • Honey baked cod fillets, brussel sprouts, whole wheat biscuits and fruit
  • Calzones, homemade dipping sauce and fruit
  • Popcorn and smoothies

Sausage and Red Bean Stew
1 lb. cooked sausage
2 c. soaked, rinsed and cooked red beans (2/3 c. dry beans)
1/2 c. brown rice, uncooked
1 c. water
1 1/2 c. frozen corn
2 c. tomato juice
1/2 c. green pepper, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste

Layer all ingredients in a slow cooker. Give it a stir and cook on low for 6 hours.

 
Are you trying to incorporate more fish into your diet? What is your favorite way to eat fish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!