That day has come.
I pulled the last loaf out of the freezer this morning.
My husband has been encouraging me to try my hand at making bread from scratch. He sees everything else I make from scratch on a regular basis and has asked on several occasions why I don't make our bread. He is right, of course...Ahem. However, there is something that he doesn't know...I have always been scared of baking bread. Sure, I have made quick breads, pizza crusts, biscuits and muffins, but never have I made a loaf of sandwich bread. So, stay tuned...in the next week or so, I will be attempting to make my very first loaf of homemade sourdough sandwich bread!
In other news, here is what I will be feeding my family this week...
- Soaked oatmeal and fruit x 6
- Sourdough pancakes, bacon and fruit
- Standard lunch x 5 (for hubby)
- Leftovers and smoothies x 5 (for me)
- Hot dogs, salad and fruit
- Church lunch
- Salmon patties, sweet potato wedges and fruit
- Sweet potato and sausage soup, whole wheat biscuits and fruit
- Standard lunch x 2 (for hubby)
- Leftovers x 2 (for me)
- Scrambled hamburger, mashed potatoes, whole wheat biscuits and fruit
- Calzones with homemade dipping sauce, salad and fruit
- COCUSA chili supper
Homemade Dipping Sauce
4 cans tomato paste
1 can tomato sauce
1 c. water
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbs. italian seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. honey
Combine all ingredients in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for four hours. Try to stir every hour or so, to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pot. Serve immediately. If not, cool to room temperature and freeze or refrigerate and use within 1-2 days.