I do still plan a crockpot meal for Monday nights because I am gone all day doing laundry, but I do not stress if I am not serving the meal that corresponds with the day in my thematic menu planning. And, you know what, I am pretty sure I am more fun to be around because of it. Silly me, stressing over getting dinner on the table.
Here is our plan for this week...
- Soaked oatmeal and fruit x 5
- Whole wheat heart shaped cinnamon rolls and fruit
- Soaked whole wheat pancakes, bacon and fruit
- Leftovers and smoothies x 4 (for me)
- Standard lunch x 4 (for hubby)
- Valentine's lunch (Kerry is planning this!)
- Hot dogs, chips and fruit
- Church lunch
- Unstuffed cabbage rolls, whole wheat biscuits and fruit (recipe below!)
- Leftovers x 2
- Stir fry, mashed potatoes and fruit
- Spud special soup, whole wheat biscuits and fruit
- Meat and potato meal, whole wheat biscuits and fruit
- Popcorn and smoothies
Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
Kerry LOVES cabbage rolls, but they are SO time consuming. I made them the traditional way a few times before Julian came along, but now that I have a baby to keep an eye on, I don't really have the time to devote to traditional cabbage rolls. Enter the unstuffed cabbage rolls!
1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
4-5 c. cabbage, shredded
1 can tomato sauce
1/4 c. sucanat (you can use brown sugar)
3 tbs. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 c. cooked brown rice
In a crockpot set to low, layer the ingredients in order given. Put the lid on and cook for 4 hours. Add cooked rice and stir. Put the lid back on and cook for another 4 hours on low.