Monday, November 21, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 11/21-11/27

Happy Thanksgiving week! I am looking forward to enjoying Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, especially because I do not have to cook it :) Someday I would LOVE to host a holiday, but, for this season of life, I am content and blessed to not be responsible for that.

Our menu this week is simple and mostly put together from shopping my pantry and freezer. My husband requested halfway through the week last week that we have oatmeal for breakfast until he decides otherwise, so breakfast every morning is soaked oatmeal. I am perfectly happy to oblige that request as it makes breakfast prep much easier for me! I am also going to streamline my menu post by not re-writing lunch every day, unless it deviates from the usual. You are welcome to look back at past menu plans to see what we eat for lunch everyday!

Here is the menu plan...enjoy!

Monday
  •  Dinner: Salmon patties, potato wedges and fruit
  •  Prep: Soak beans and cornbread batter and thaw ground beef
Tuesday
  • Dinner: Chili, soaked whole wheat cornbread and fruit
  • Prep: Soak dumpling batter and thaw chicken
Wednesday
  •  Lunch: Chicken and dumplings and fruit (We are having guests for lunch today)
  •  Dinner: Leftovers
  •  Prep: Make pumpkin pie casserole for Thanksgiving
Thursday
  • Happy Thanksgiving!
Friday
  •  Dinner: Leftovers
  •  Prep: Thaw hot dogs, buns and sausage and make pizza dough
Saturday
  •  Lunch: Hot dogs, chips and fruit
  •  Dinner: Homemade pizza and fruit
Sunday
  • Lunch: Leftovers
  • Dinner: Popcorn and smoothies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!