Monday, November 7, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 11/7-11/13

So, this is really the last week of the menu planning challenge at Keeper of the Home! I plan on continuing to post my menu plans each Monday even after the challenge is over, though, just because I think it is fun :)

We had a super busy week last week, so I am thankful that this week is supposed to be fairly low key. I have started to try to plan my dinners somewhat thematically, as suggested here, to further aid in quick and easy menu planning. Here is what my themes look like, at least for now:

  • Monday - Crockpot (I do ALL of our laundry, except for diapers, each Monday and usually leave the house at 8 and don't get home until 4:30 or 5. I LOVE walking in the door and knowing dinner can be on the table in 10 minutes or less.)
  • Tuesday - Soup (Sometimes it is a crockpot soup, sometimes it isn't. It is, however, always delicous!)
  • Wednesday - Meatless (I have been trying to incorporate more beans into our diet, so this is typically a meaty recipe with beans lentils subbed in for the meat.)
  • Thursday - Casserole/Sandwiches (I grew up eating casseroles almost every night for dinner. My husband did not. I have enjoyed teaching him that casseroles are not scary!)
  • Friday - Leftovers (My husband leaves the house at 7:15 in the morning every Friday and does not come home until 12:30 in the morning. I have no desire to make a new meal just for me!)
  • Saturday - Pizza (Homemade and yummy...toppings are usually sausage plus whatever leftover veggies we have from the week. That has made for some interesting pizzas!)
  • Sunday - Lazy (Popcorn and smoothies/milkshakes...Sunday is a day of rest, right?)
Here is our menu for the week:

Monday
  • Breakfast: Soaked oatmeal and fruit
  • Lunch: Standard lunch; Leftovers
  • Dinner: Sausage, beans and potatoes, whole wheat biscuits and fruit
  • Prep: Thaw bacon, sausage and biscuits
Tuesday
  • Breakfast: Soaked granola and fruit
  • Lunch: Standard lunch; Leftovers
  • Dinner: Zuppa Tuscano, whole wheat biscuits and fruit
  • Prep: Soak oatmeal
Wednesday
  • Breakfast: Soaked oatmeal and fruit
  • Lunch: Standard lunch; Leftovers
  • Dinner: Leftovers (My hubby picked up an extra shift at work...so he won't be home for dinner and, again, I have no desire to make a whole meal just for myself!)
  • Prep: Thaw beef roast
Thursday
  • Breakfast: Soaked granola and fruit
  • Lunch: Standard lunch; Leftovers
  • Dinner: Shredded beef sandwiches, potato wedges and fruit
  • Prep: Soak oatmeal
Friday
  • Breakfast: Soaked oatmeal and fruit
  • Lunch: Standard lunch; Leftovers
  • Dinner: Leftovers
  • Prep: Soak pancake batter, thaw bacon, hot dogs and sausage and make pizza dough
Saturday
  • Breakfast: Soaked whole wheat pancakes, bacon and fruit
  • Lunch: Hot dogs, veggies and fruit
  • Dinner: Homemade pizza and fruit
  • Prep: Thaw muffins
Sunday
  • Breakfast: Eggs, muffins and fruit
  • Lunch: Church lunch
  • Dinner: Popcorn and smoothies/milkshakes
  • Prep: Whatever is on the menu for dinner on Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Jay is not a fan of casseroles either - I however, love them!! So simple and it's great for a one dish meal :) Meat & veggies in one, how great is that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I say, Randie! He wants meat and potatoes...I give him meat and potatoes all in one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! And you don't have to have several different side dishes going at the same time your trying to make the main dish. It's efficiency at it's finest lol! The last thing I want to do when I come home from work and chase after a toddler for a couple hours is to make an elaborate meal. I want it simple and quick!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!